Feb 16, 2008

Lucie de Lammermoor






Part of today's event Tous à l'opéra!, the TV channel ARTE (one of the great products of German/French collaboration) has cleared all of its schedule to make room for opera (with a live broadcast tonight from Paris Garnier's Opera House of Gluck's Orphée et Eurydice in a Pina Bausch's choreography).

A few minutes ago, they played some extracts of the 2002 Lyon performances of Lucie de Lammermoor (French version) with Natalie Dessay and Ludovic Tézier (Evelino Pido conducting), alongside an interview from that time of Dessay.










In that interview, she speaks about the catharsis of playing Lucie (or Lucia, depending on the version) which is, according to me, the reason why she's so inspired in that role.

After the triumphant opening night at the MET in September, her Lucia will be radio broadcast live on March 8 (1:30pm ET, 6:30pm London time, 7:30pm Paris time), part of the MET's Saturday Matinee Broadcasts (on BBC3).










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !

I was wondering : do you have the complete interview with Natalie, as you seem to have some pics taken from it, or do you know where I can find it ? I would love to see it, for I missed it when it was broadcast...

Thanx for your attention.

Extatic said...

I'm afraid I don't have it anymore...

Anonymous said...

Oh bother. I would have been really pleased to see it, I love Donizetti's Lucia/Lucie. Anyway, thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay, I completely forget that comment (I had some exams to do, to boot). I went on Mezzo's website, but they don't have it either. I guess I must face the reality...